Presbytery Youth Leadership
CHURCHES DON’T ALWAY HAVE THE MEANS to run a youth program such as a youth group or after school program. Or they may just need a little help getting started. Perhaps a church would like to form a youth group comprised of youth from one or more other churches. Beaver-Butler Presbytery seeks to make that possible with support and training.
This is where Diana Mermon Spencer, the Beaver-Butler Presbytery Youth Leadership Connection Coordinator, steps in. Diana works to foster the growth of youth programs and youth leaders by building relationships with pastors and lay people doing youth ministry throughout the presbytery.
We consider the definition of youth group to be broad and comprised of kids of any age. The presbytery has assisted churches starting preschool and elementary age youth groups as well as the typical middle and high school groups.
Diana Mermon Spencer
Beaver-Butler Presbytery Youth Leadership Connection Coordinator
What does the Youth Leadership Connection Coordinator do?
- provides leadership training to youth leaders and churches that are considering starting a youth group
- meets with youth groups as a guest leader providing games and lessons
- temporarily assists churches with youth groups when a youth leader is no longer employed with the church
- encourages and provides coordination for youth and youth leaders to participate in conferences such as Presbyterian Youth Triennium
- assists with hosting events geared toward getting more families to attend church such as family fun nights, family feuds and trivia nights
- plans and organizes presbytery wide youth events to foster a community of youth leaders and youth groups
What kind of presbytery wide events have been held?
- Yearly scavenger hunt in a variety of locations in Allegheny, Butler and Beaver counties
- Prayer stations and stations of the cross events
- Glow parties, dances, talent show, bands
- Tailgate parties at local baseball games hosting Christian events
How do I contact the Beaver-Butler Presbytery Youth Leadership Connection Coordinator?
Contact Diana Spencer at 412-915-2097 or firstname.lastname@example.org